A BUSINESS COMMUNITY
Viera is a pro-business community, with an understanding of collaboration and strategic partnerships in order to achieve great things.
QUINTAMODAL TRANSPORTATION HUB
The Space Coast is a quintamodal transportation hub, with in-county access to air, sea, space, highway and rail. In addition, many of these transportation options are part of Foreign Trade Zone 136, allowing qualified businesses to defer or eliminate US Customs’ duties on imported goods.
- Interstate 95: The main North–South feeder to all of Florida’s East Coast.
- SR528: The major East-West feeder that connects to the Orlando International Airport, and all of the major theme parks.
- SR50: The East-West feeder between Central Orlando and South Titusville.
- SR 46: The East-West feeder between Northern Orlando and North Titusville.
Port Canaveral is the world’s busiest cruise port and has an emerging cargo industry with the facilities and equipment to handle a variety of cargoes including containers, breakbulk, roll-on/roll-off (RO/RO), project, and bulk commodities.
In addition to the strong foundation of NASA facilities and expertise, access to space is growing with the blossoming commercial space industry which is clustering in and around Kennedy Space Center. With companies like SpaceX, Blue Origin, United Launch Alliance, and others establishing a permanent presence here, the number of launches has increased dramatically and cost of access to space is decreasing. The launch activities on Florida’s Space Coast are managed by the 45th Space Wing.
The Milken Institute ranked Brevard County 1st in Florida with the most concentrated high-tech economy and 6th in the U.S.
- Brevard county’s share of STEM employment was ranked 1st in Florida by the Brookings Institution
- The population of Brevard County is approximately 600,000 in 2020, projected to be 625,000 by 2025
- Viera in 2024 has approximately 37,500+ residents, 860+ businesses with over 13,000 employees, and at full residential development, is expected to be home to more than 70,000 residents
- The # 2 (of 360) metropolitan area in the U.S for the highest concentration of electrical engineers
LOCATED FOR YOUR SUCCESS
Home to globally recognized companies in aviation, aerospace, electronics and communications
- In the heart of Central Florida’s High-Tech Corridor
- More than 500 manufacturing firms in Brevard County (the Space Coast)
- Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ #136) facilities at Port Canaveral, Melbourne Orlando International Airport, Space Coast Regional Airport, Spaceport Commerce Park, and Tate Industrial Park
- Florida Institute of Technology, top-ranked research university, and international student population
- Eastern Florida State College, with training and credentialing programs, able to be tailored for companies